The four cubes made of burnt plywood are reminiscent of the provenance of Referinghausen. The hamlet was first mentioned in a document of 1269, as a settlement of four small farms, whose residents were solely dependent on agriculture. This Open Mind Place picks up the typology of the traditional farmhouse, which consists of three parts, the living area, the stable and the threshing floor. The elongated shape of the house with a gable roof was put up vertically and brought together to form a place of remembrance. The visitor wanders through the interspace and finds peace and contemplation inside the individual cubes.